Green Goddess Salad
This is a quick little recipe that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner. With the cooler weather I often gravitate towards heartier meals or soups and broths - which leaves out a lot of the more fresh green vegetables that I love. With this salad you can still enjoy a warm meal but also get in the nourishment of fresh green vegetables.
1/2 cup Quinoa
1 Cup bone broth (and or water / stock - to cook the quinoa)
1 Bok Choy
10 green beans (ends chopped off)
1/2 cup Edamame beans
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
Handful of almonds, chopped
Sprinkle of hemp seeds
Handful of chopped coriander and spring onions
1. Rinse the quinoa well and strain
2. add quinoa and broth to a pot on the stove, bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
3. In a pan add the olive oil and garlic. Lightly cook until fragrant, then add the bok choy and green beans ( about 3 minutes ) or until desired.
4. Remove greens from the pan and add the chopped almonds. Cook for a minute or until golden brown and fragrant
5. Fluff quinoa, add green beans, bok choy and edamame to the bow. Top with almonds, hemp seeds, spring onions and coriander to taste. Enjoy warm
Hope you are all well and enjoy this little recipe. If you cook it be sure to let me know how it goes !