Healthy Banana & Dark Choc Chip Muffins
Hello everyone, hope you are all doing well ! Today I'm sharing a new recipe I've been playing with - a healthy version of banana choc chip muffins.
1 cup Green banana flour (almond also works great!)
1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
1 cup oats
3 tsp cinnamon
2 cardamon pods (remove skin and crush) - or use powder, about 2 tsp
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup dark choc chips
pinch of salt
3 ripe bananas (with brown spots)
1/2 cup dates
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup macadamia oil
splash of almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
* If you want the muffins sweater add more dates and maple syrup
2 medium - large bowls
measuring cups and spoons
12 muffin tray + papers
* Note: I did not have a muffin tray for this but just placed the papers together in a normal baking tray and they turned out okay - just very rustic looking.
1. pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Pour boiled water over the dates, allow to soak for at least ten minutes to soften. (Make sure all seeds are removed as well) After ten minutes add the dates to a blender, with a tablespoon of the water they soaked in. Blend into a paste.
3. Mash the bananas with a fork in one of the large bowls. Lightly whisk the egg until combined. Add the rest of the wet ingredients - oils, vanilla extract, maple, egg and the dates.
4. In the second bowl add all dry ingredients. Then gently combine the dry into the wet. Don't over stir or the muffins will become tough.
5. Add muffin papers to the tin, and fill with the mixture. Allow a little room for them to rise.
6. Pop in the oven for 25 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and a tooth pick comes out clean. Remove from the tray and set the muffins on a cooling rack. (so they don't sweat)
These make a great quick breakfast, or an afternoon snack to enjoy with a cup of tea.
Hope you all enjoy this recipe, and if you make it be sure to tag me @lavenderandcobotanicals